Monday, June 20, 2011

Piper and our struggle for Double Qs...

Well, after another weekend of agility and no QQs since April, I am getting discouraged. Sometimes it's me, sometimes, it's Piper, but no matter what, it still means we are at 11 QQs and holding, and holding, and holding... This past weekend, he blew himself off-course in Standard on Saturday, but I didn't help him out either. On Sunday, he dropped a bar in Standard, which I learned was because his lower back had seized up. He was having problems tucking his rear feet when jumping. I had Kim, the massage therapist, work on him and he ran a beautiful Jumpers run, taking 4th. His early morning FAST runs were right on, so I had no reason to believe he was having any problems. His Back On Track jacket has helped him immensely.

I have to keep a positive attitude and just know that this is an adjustment period for both of us. We have done great things in agility together. We have lots more to accomplish. I worry that I may push him too hard. I worry that the cataract he has in his left eye will cause problems before we can finish his MACH. I worry about alot of things I probably shouldn't worry about.

His times are slower, but neither of us are getting any younger. He still absolutely adores the game, is in condition, and bounces back from a trial weekend without too much difficulty. Those are all things that greatly matter to me. It will come. We are a great team, me and Piper. And I wouldn't have it any other way... After that, who knows? The sky is the limit as long as he wants to play the game...

No comments:

Post a Comment