Friday, July 15, 2011

Gem and the sheep...

Little Miss Gem was taken to sheep for the first time last weekend. WHOA NELLIE! She went bananas when she saw them... My friend was working her own dog when I brought Gem to the round pen. She strained at the end of the lead, stood up on her back feet like a meerkat to see over the tall weeds, and barked excitedly. I took her away for the time being.  Ay yi yi...

When it was her turn, she was put on a long line, for her safety and well as the sheep. She wanted so badly to rush in and give chase to these creatures. Nope... however, her wildness made one of the ram lambs exit stage left by crashing the gate. Oh boy... I think I have my work cut out for me. I plan on taking her up again soon and I hope with each exposure, the novelty will wear off. I hope... Video to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment