Thursday, March 31, 2011

On the road again...

We are off to the AKC National Agility Championships! I am so proud of Piper who will turn 8 next week. He's the first dog that I have trained to this level and I couldn't have asked for a more forgiving partner. I am still a work in progress as a handler and probably always will be. I've made plenty of mistakes along the way, but he forgives every last one. My training of him had a hit or miss beginning, but now, having Donna Rohaus as an instructor, has given me a system and direction. Thank you Donna.

I never thought I'd enjoy agility this much or compete at this level. I have Shane McConnell to thank for introducing me to agility. While my early dogs didn't really earn advanced titles, I learned to love the sport. Many thought i would never stick with it, but I proved them wrong because here we are on the way to VA and the AKC Nationals!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Congratulations. I look forward to hearing reports from you from the event.

    ReplyDelete