Monday, April 11, 2011

Agile thoughts...

Well, Piper had a grand birthday weekend at the Mountaineer KC agility trials. He celebrated his 8th birthday by earning QQ #11 and earning his 3rd and 4th MXF legs... all with 2nd placements. Seeker earned his Open FAST title with 1st placements. But he and I have lost each other in Standard and JWW. It could be that I am so concentrating on earning Piper's MACH that he is getting shortchanged. But somehow, I managed to run them both successfully last year in pursuit of Piper's ADCH. Hmmm... It could also be that now at 4, he thinks he knows it all. <G> I know I don't. But whatever it is, I need to train through it and work harder. I need to not become frustrated with him, which at times is easy to do because of his silly light-hearted attitude about agility. He IS trying, but we are just not communicating on the same plane... I'm sure, this too shall pass... But until it does, I have to remember that this is just a game. I'm not trying to solve the energy crisis or world peace. Every run is a gift. It doesn't matter if it is successful or not. I learn more from my mistakes than I ever have my successes... So here's to NOT being perfect. <G>

No comments:

Post a Comment