Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Just call her Crash...

This morning we got up a little late... After my husband left for work, the dogs and I went back to bed. I rolled over at some point and saw that it was around 9:30am. Oops... We normally feed and give Ceilidh her meds at 9:00am. So, I get out of bed and Ceilidh and Seeker dash down the stairs. As I walk down the stairs, I hear a tremendous "CRASH!" which is the sound of glass breaking. I run the rest of the way down the stairs, through the kitchen and into the livingroom to find the glass front of a display glass shattered. Piper is under the end table nearest the carnage shaking like a leaf. A blood trail leads away from it. It took me a second to figure out who exactly was bleeding... It was Ceilidh. She had a dime size laceration on her muzzle that bled like mad. Thank heaven for my sister, who left work to come and help me render first aid enough to get Ceilidh and myself ready for a trip to the vet. I love my sister...<3 Two staples and one cone of shame later, Cei is no worse for wear... A little less excitement for the rest of the day is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment