Sunday, April 3, 2011

AKC Nationals Day 3... Hybrid

Today was a great day... After having Piper adjusted by the on site chiropractor, he seemed to feel much better. He slept like a log, which is more than I can say for myself. Nerves got the better of me making sleep a bit elusive.

But I didn't need to worry or lose sleep. The Hybrid class was tailor-made for Piper. He handled it easily with one little communication problem which was quickly fixed. His time was 30.2 seconds. Not bad for an almost 8 year old dog. I can however, see that his times are slowing a bit. But since I'm not worried about being on the World Team, it's just fine.

So, Piper finished 92nd out of 289 - 20" dogs. Good enough to be in the top third. I couldn't be happier or more proud of him. My heartfelt thanks to Cheryl Jagger Williams for producing this amazing boy. And to Donna Rohaus for her expert instruction. I hope we did you proud. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment